Sunday, September 15, 2013

gone through vein stripping

My first ever operation is actually a minor one. It is called vein stripping.

I was excited but before that I was thinking of understanding my pain threshold.  I have one of the shortest and impossible thresholds in the whole world.

When I am alone, I seem to manage pain but with a loved one beside me all the pain seems to be so painfully great...over-acting.

So I challenged myself...

First I have realized that I cant seem to handle looking at the needle going through my skin by looking.  And if I am not looking, I can't help myself imagining the needle going through my skin and veins.   Which is for me the same as looking directly.  Failure!

The next one is the insertion of the Intravenous something.  In my lifetime, I never experienced a one-shot I.V.  It was always a couple or a number of trying to get to that "vein".  For this operation,  I got a record of  7 tries (all painful)  and one successful "shoot".

Just before I fell totally submitted to a total "sleep" I had the greatest growl of my subconscious for the one hour I.V. insertion painful process!

I thought I was in my conscious level, managing my pain...funny that I have to give in during my near slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment