Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life in the Graveyard

Love possesses nothing and does not want to be possessed, because it is enough in itself. by Khalil Gibran [1883-1931]

The last time I quoted Khalil Gibran was when my father was about to die. I did not know yet (or was in denial that time) that he was going, but now I realized that indeed - I was "face to face" with death that night. The next day he did die.

I went to my grandmother's graveyard early today. I realized how interesting it is to see all the other tombstones with their birthdays and "deathdays" written on it. And one realizes again that "life indeed is too short". The "hypen" in between the dates made life that short.

When I was walking, it made me wonder "how will my own tombstone look like". I do not feel creepy at all when I think about it. But maybe when I am near my death, I would know.

Khalil's poems always wake- up my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment