Wednesday, May 27, 2009

looking for one best friend from the past


I remembered one good friend back when I was in elementary. Her name is Patricia "Patty" Park. Her mom is a Filipina who was married to an American, thus a foreign- sounding surname. I liked her for her blonde curly locks and pretty face. And she is also a natural charmer. She was so lady-like in many ways even when she is years younger than I was. And I learned my first lessons on being "finesse" from her. But this is fun, hope she reaches my blog so she will know what really struck my mind about her. Patty, in the middle of a play or conversation would pose and sing "Day by Day".

I am writing this because I am wondering where or how she is today. I actually tried locating her through the internet and I am not convinced with the results being given back to me. And I do not have any idea how she looks now and if she is married, obviously Park is no longer her surname.

Our family lived in a 2 bedroom apartment right across Patty's house. When I was in elementary, it really looked huge to me and I loved the interior and exterior of their house. It is in their front yard wherein we play "bahay-bahayan". They have an old and big "kalachuchi" tree where we would set-up our "bahay" or house. Then that tree became witness to all our "role playing" for many years.

My brother happened to drive me to the same place last year and I was shocked that everything else looks so different. Our apartment was still there but without the Santol (fruit) tree in front. Patty's house still exists but without the front yard. It has given way to some commercial space. Oh well, in the name of progress.

I still liked "how it pictured in my mind" from the past.

By the way, Patty got a brother whom I had a crush before. But because he bullys me, I hated him most of the time. His name is Bruce.

I have an odd feeling that Patty and I separated "not" in a nice way. Hope we get to communicate in anyway. I am hoping. I hope she remembers too.

2 comments:

  1. When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy--that it is builded upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.

    - Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amit. i happen to read your comment just today...and Mark Twain said it all....

    ReplyDelete