Saturday, May 30, 2009

under one roof

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
room to be yourself.
Unknown

I promised my friend not to write about this. But I think otherwise. Friendship could be tested in many ways and the recent experience of living together was an enlightening experience to both of us. I have to share this.

Well, the poem should explain how the experience of living with her in one roof for a couple of days was not such a bad idea. It was the first time I have considered guests in my house because of the limited space. But it turned out to be a happy learning experience for me and my kids who served as hosts to them.

The experience was more than a sleepover or summer camp combined because of the things we both shared together. Our friendship has not gone through yet a major crisis and I am grateful about it. I am amazed though that her children and mine could go along well the same way as we do. It was fun seeing my children play as responsible big brothers to her much younger kids and developed attachment and affection the way natural siblings do.

Our families both adapted to the kind of set-up in a pleasant manner. I guess, it is a matter of respecting each others "boundaries". Their house has undergone renovations so I could feel some pressures from their part. And there is no way that I should add to it!

The fusion should have served both our families one good thing - learning mutually our core family values that should inspire us both to forever hold on to what we should treasure most. And that is our respective families!

Be blissful!

1 comment:

  1. Kakainggit naman kayo Ate Anj....that is what REAL friendship really means. Mine is back in Kabacan and how I wish we could always see (I mean touch...'cos she's blind now) each other. Missed her so much! I am happy you found a friend who is as "baliw" as you are.Bwahahahaha! (joke lang po) ;-)

    ReplyDelete