Saturday, May 30, 2009

nocturnal bliss (the rejoinder)

I was not able to write some thoughts about the "blue owl" which I posted yesterday.

It was sent by a friend whom I call "the owl". And I asked him if I can post it in my blog. I am happy that it was alright with him and I want to write something about it now.

Because I could not understand the Urdu message he interpreted it as "When the whole world sleeps, I wake up for you". Exactly what the owl does. It sees the beauty of the night when everyone else are asleep.

Well, one of my treasured mode is sleeping. It is the only time that my body really get to rest because when I am awake I always do something and amazingly does not stop until my body calls my attention to "stop". I work like hell too - it is something that I have developed when I started living on my own. I have to do something or I might get into the habit of relying everything else to other people.

So sleep is a reward for myself. It was one message that I have developed as a mantra for my body to adapt to the beauty of sleeping. Sleeping was never a bad experience for me. I am saying this because I have met so many friends who have trouble getting to sleep and even while asleep. That could be tough!

But I understand people who are "nocturnal" in nature. There is much bliss at night the same way that there is during the day. So what I usually tell my friends who have trouble sleeping is to "love that activity". Each and everyone of us have lots of bad associations about "sleep" thus some problems arising about it.

Just think of this - there is too much to bear in this life, getting to sleep is a relief. And time should not matter when you do it as long as you have taught your body to get into a well-rested and pleasant sleep.

Is that right, Mr. Owl?

No comments:

Post a Comment