Sunday, May 3, 2009

stumbling on a new soul

One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends discuss but in the number of things they need no longer mention.
quote from Clifton Fadiman

Well, I stumbled on a new soul a few weeks ago and I said to myself that I have to write about this happy experience. With millions of people in this world I sometimes think, there could be some chemistry, physics or even magic to what we all call friendship. Of course there is, but the formula seems to be always a grand complication to understand.

Well maybe just like the constellation, we are all indeed a part of everyone and somehow influence each one of us.

I also did not know how to start writing so I started looking for pictures to inspire my thoughts about my new friend. When I stumbled on the picture (above) which I think is charming, I thought this could symbolize the new found friendship.

Maybe I really just want to salute friendship, today. Friendship is healing too. I remember when I was young, I was always a happy soul in my solitude. Now I realize sharing your time, thoughts, care and genuine affection is better. I get to learn more about life.

And friendship should be developed "inside" marriages, parents and children, siblings, cousins and other affinities in the world. Mainly for all of us to keep on fighting and holding on to that relationship.

But this could be the deal - trust and cast all doubts because in friendship there are imperfections. And looking beyond that imperfection comes the beauty of the connection.

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment