Sunday, January 18, 2009

affection in another construct


Omar, you do not have to be close to Tatay for him to feel your love. You do not have to nurse him, either. You need not, really. When we arrived together on Christmas Eve (2008), I was afraid that the sight of tatay will stun you! And I was right.

Sometimes its better to be distant. If it is the way you can better express your love and care for him, we all understand. We see your heart more than your actions. You have done so much by just arriving and making it possible for the family to be together, again.

Your short hugs, kisses and talks with him, were not short for him, at all. With his drifting faculties, time is beyond his recognition. But in the science of behavior, such an affection is forever marked in his heart, mind and soul.

If you were my son, I will shower you with all my blessings and love. I will trust you with all your decisions and choices. And will accept it as well. Will have forgiven you with all your imperfections by now because you have given me with such great pride and joy.

That could be what tatay would want to say to you. Can I say that in his behalf?

Omar is my brother. He lives in Houston, Texas with his wonderful family, Marilou (his wife), Jamie and Jan (his really amazing kids). You wouldn't believe this, but our family is twice blessed because Marilou's sister is also married to our youngest brother, Kokoy.

He is the most intelligent among us. That statement will make me one too, I guess. Har har har! But even if he is always distant emotionally (this is debatable though he he), he's got an excellent response cognitively. Why, he is a consistent achiever and always landing on top with any of his endeavors. And that makes me really feel great to have such a brother. The same goes to my sister Cristina and Kokoy!

I am glad he visited my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment