Saturday, December 12, 2009

convergence of birds

I was in my son's school (University of Mindanao) early in the morning last Wednesday. Even if he is in College, I still bring him to school everyday. But today I have to explain about some delays of his documents from a former school so I had a chance to loiter around the Engineering Laboratory Building while waiting for the offices to open.

As I approached the quadrangle in the center, I got excited because I happen to hear birds. "Lots of them", I thought because their sound is all over. I was kind of amazed because "that could be a thousand or more birds up there or probably in a cage. " But I was glad there was no cage. I always have a strange feeling that I have a strong connection with birds. I feel good when there are birds around because it means "safety". If there is no harm for them, the same way it is , with us people. Back home, when it is time to trim my trees, I do it "partly this and partly that" so they will not lose their nests.

I also was not able to write something about my piece on climate change and some ways I can help. I want these birds to multiply and multiply. They are a part of the poetry of life here on earth. If I can help them survive, I also help our Mother Earth.

I recorded the birds sound but of course my celfone did not produce the most clear copy. It did not really do justice to the sound of the birds.




http://www.birds.com/education/research-studies/

No comments:

Post a Comment