Thursday, December 10, 2009

the most popular word


I thought of it because even here in the Philippines, Fuck seems to be slowly going through on the mainstream (I meant, it seems to be a normal thing to hear).

When I watch TV, of course this is dominated by American TV shows and I can't believe that it is such a normal word to say when one is screwed/sometimes even not, in a script. The movies (dominated by Americans, again) got the most of my vote. I do not exactly count but at the end of the day, I get fucked-up with hearing the word "fuck" several times usually with American music, TV and movies.

I say, many of their movies are truly great, I just noticed how the word "fuck" and "suck" is everywhere "in" there.

Have you noticed? Even young children just have a poised way of saying it.

Am I complaining? Not exactly, I am more examining than complaining. I myself say that word during times that I am lost for a more obnoxious word.

I love the English vocabulary. This is the second language that I am comfortable with. I cannot even write this straight in my own Filipino language. But sometimes, words like this is so contagious, we might think of how is it affecting a people's culture. Especially the children.

If one person screws-up or make mistakes an average of 15 ( the most conservative number I can think) a day and with a million of people saying it each day, FUCK could be the most popular word in the English vocabulary!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Trash is trash! It may seem familiar and widely used, but if we stick to our basic values regardless of how aggressive & popular trashy culture finds its way to influence the world, trash and trashy ways will not prevail. I still believe in the prevalence of clean and sane society UNINFLUENCED, and strengthened further with perseverance in making the world better and unwavering against their constant exposure to aggressive low class and yes, trashy way of life and "influences" among the uninformed.

    ReplyDelete