Sunday, December 6, 2009

peace be with you


I am presently writing about peace education, building and development. It is kind of challenging to write an analysis and evaluation on it especially because it means writing about people's lives in areas with armed conflicts here in Mindanao.

I have done some really risky work before but reading through raw data is giving me the same terror of being there. Now I have developed some sense of obligation to share about peace. I live in Mindanao and although my city is neutral to all factions who are at war here, I still believe that writing about peace will somehow deepen my advocacy with my friends here. Here is UN's website for more information - http://www.un.org/peace/peacebuilding/

These kind of materials pokes me and remind me of the security I own. Not that much really, but the people who lives in conflict laden lands, have nothing.

Whenever they are given back their homes, most likely they are going to lose it again at another spark of gun battles. When they get some nights of peaceful sleep, they will have more nights of nightmares! But they hope and live. How does one bargain to God for security?

To take a rest from what I am writing about peace, I visited my blog to share peace with my friends here!

No comments:

Post a Comment