Thursday, December 31, 2009

daughters I never had

A HAPPY AND GREAT 2010 TO ALL!!!

With my 2009 disastrous journey, I am still lucky to survive and wrap-up the year with some good things that happened towards the end of that fateful year.

2009 made me closer to both my nieces from the other side of the family. Thea (on the left)) is the daughter of my sister Cristina and Gayle (on the right) is the daughter of my brother-in-law). I often refer to them as "the other niece" when I am talking to one of them. And they have grown accustomed to that "terms of reference".

I was thinking that God has given them to me to be able to exercise rearing females. Would I be so cool to my own daughter the same way as I am to my nieces? Would I be strict to my own daughter? How would I talk to my own daughter?

But because I do not have one, I really do not have to think about that. I already have daughters in the person of my nieces.

It was fun to see them together last December 29.

Now on my first day of 2010, I am kind of expectant for some great things to happen. I woke up late because of the countdown last night but I felt extraordinarily light.

I sincerely wish you all the best for this year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment