Monday, December 28, 2009

Engkwentro won at Venice Film Festival

I am from Davao City. The movie is about Davao's vigilantes. I have not watched the film yet but since it gave honor to the Philippines I am happy about it.

I am a witness to the killings but because I know that these children / young adults do not have lives to live, I would rather see them in their death than living dangerously and giving risks to the good people of this city.

Giving interventions to them seemed futile because they live in such dysfunctional families and murky life with drugs and so very indiscriminate sex. I happen to know at least eight of them.

I see these children peaceful in death than living. I am sorry but if other people get the chance to see how these children live, understand how they think and smell their feelings, you would say they are better-off "six feet below the ground".

I happen to love them too. I have been to their funerals and have cried tears for them but I see light in their death. I see them saved in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment