Thursday, September 10, 2009

a proud bike

I saw this bicycle in a parade of big bikes but I was not able to take its picture. Well, the bicycle was of course the "center of attraction" in a sea of big bikes. And I was surprised the other day when it parked beside me.
I got curious because the bicycle has some alterations. There is a steering wheel. The owner told me he uses it when he is cruising an even flat lane. He claims, he runs faster when he uses it. He uses the usual handle bar (I am not sure if this is the right name of the bicycle part) when going up. Well, the roof is wood with some flat steel on its side. The owner claims he used this bike as far as 50 kilometers from the city. He has been to Kidapawan, Digos and Tagum using it.
His bike got a propeller that always attract many onlookers. The owner claims the propeller makes his travel faster. The bike got a bigger wheel in front but thinner. The big wheel in front is for him not to get thrown when he uses the brakes. But I did not see any cable of the brakes. Oh, maybe he meant whenever he stops.

I got curious of "how to balance" such a heavy bike so I asked if I can try it. Har har, the owner feared that I might fall. He said, there was a friend who keep on insisting that he could ride his bike, so he let him. His friend figured in an accident, so he said I better not.
It was nice chatting with the owner who looks trim for a 59- year old man who proudly posed near his amazing bike.

I want to develop such a pride like he has. He himself is a pride of his genre. I thought we always can create something even without much resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment