Wednesday, February 11, 2009

clinging to a comfort zone 2

I do not exactly suggest "clinging". It is not an ideal way of dealing with issues and concerns, I believe. But I just made an exaggeration of it to satisfy that weakness especially that I am away most of the time from my family. My husband has been working overseas ever since and I have to actually cling to my own strength in addressing concerns of the family and my own emotional and psychological needs.

As I have mentioned in the very first "clinging to a comfort zone" article last month, that I also feel like clinging to my American uncle who is far away from me because he can help fill- up some gap.

The closest I have here aside from my children, are my neighbors whom I have developed good (sometimes not so good har har har) relationships. I remember, celebrating countless birthdays, Christmases and other special occasions with them because their husbands and families are also away.

We have to literally cling to each other for comfort especially during financial, emotional and psychological distresses. And I am mighty glad, we have each other for the much needed solace.

When we are together, we also talk about our parents, brothers and sisters and other relatives. The sharing of experiences help us:
a) gain knowledge of the different family systems and communication patterns.
b) identify problem areas in marital and other familial relationships and "repair" too.
c) appreciate the uniqueness of our children and families.
d) realizes that each one of us are truly blessed uniquely (also!).
e) realizes that we have to value ourselves and each other
f) and value mostly our families (even how close or far they are) because they are the missing
part of our wholeness and wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment