Wednesday, February 11, 2009

love thy father 2 featuring "and i love you so"



My father was rushed back to the Philippine Heart Center last Sunday. I have been feeling so restless and distracted since then. I always promise to call but I seemed to deliberately not to. Is it that bad, this time? Ohh I do not know what to think.

I had the courage to talk to him only this morning. And I feel so heavy in my heart to hear his voice weaker than ever. I guess, because he is on tube feeding and cannot mutter his words clearly. But he replied a disentangled " I love you" when I said " I love you" to him. I was trying hard to cheer him up but he was so restless. Ohhh my God, I just do not know what to do from where I am.

Tatay, are you traveling into your past? Do you remember this song? "And I love you so" by Perry Como. I have chosen this video because it has the photograph of one of our long playing albums of Perry Como. You used to have a collection of long playing albums at home. You must have felt so bad when you have to sell all of it for us to survive during one of the worst financial crisis of our life.

I heared you sang this song so often before. And you do sing good and in tune.

I can hear your voice loud and clear singing it now.

This picture was taken yesterday February 10. That is Thea, my niece who is always there to cheer -up and take care of tatay.



Here is our picture together with Thomas (my nephew) last November (2008):

No comments:

Post a Comment