Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kahlil's poetry and my reflections about my father


Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.

Kahlil Gibran

I am feeling so troubled and weary! It is the thought of my father who is fighting for his life in the hospital at this moment, that is so bothering and making me feel so restless. From where I stand, I can only hope, pray and surrender my father's ordeal to the Almighty!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Just before I leave the house to attend the Sunday mass, I got a call from my father's doctor. I was informed that my father's vital organs (kidney, liver and colon) are failing and even if he undergoes dialysis and other interventions, there is not much hope towards recovery.

When I was at the church, the gospel is about healing. And I prayed that my father be healed spiritually because he no longer cannot, physically.

And I cried because I know he wanted to live. I asked the Lord up above to please help my father accept his fate. Is it really frightening when it is about time? I do not know. I am frightened. Am I losing faith?

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

Just as I arrived from the church, I called the hospital. I have not heard tatay say a word for many days now. Every time I call, I let him hear me and my children' s voices saying "I love you" so often.

When I hear my father's shallow breathing, my heart beats faster, my eyes get teary and I tremble inside! But I have to be strong by believing that - his pain will end soon. He will then be rested and will have eternal bliss!

Pain and foolishness lead to great bliss and complete knowledge, for Eternal Wisdom created nothing under the sun in vain.



1 comment:

  1. "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were."

    I am going to follow this. This is true. We should never fall to someone who is not ours, better let them go and see if they return.

    ReplyDelete