Monday, August 10, 2009

a bird's milestone

I am not sure if you can see the bird on the tree. It's up there!

There was a time in my life when I was overzealous of my children' s very first smile, crawl, sound, word etc. I got 3 children so that was really quite enduring. I tend to be really so sensitive and touchy (over acting to some!) with these kind of matters so the feeling was just indescribable.

I have not stopped getting "touchy" about my children' s milestones until now. That included their crushes, relationships with the opposite sex, decisions that made sense, first time they cleaned their rooms, traveled alone on an airplane, etc. I would like to believe I was more consenting than critical because I believe the importance of milestones in their character building.

But there was no way that I expected that I would have the same elation and remembered that same feeling when I saw the bird's "flip-flop" this morning.

Today, as I wait for my children right outside of our gate, I was startled with such a commotion above me. The "tweet tweet" of the birds were unusually noisy but gay. So I looked out of the window and saw a bunch of very young birds trying it out how to fly! Did they just hatched from their eggs?

Oh it was an amazing scene! If they were talking, they could be teasing each other how to "fly" well. The bird I caught in my cellphone camera just got out of probably the most dangerous act of his life - I saw him fell and practically struggled to get the hold of the branch - the very place he was standing tall when I captured him.

Great show!

I guess, just like the birds we get to slip and fall but stand tall once again!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment