Monday, August 17, 2009

our tribes and their fashion sense




While at SM Davao earlier today, I saw these display of ethnic inspired ensemble. I have always dreamed of dressing one like a true blue native. I will!

Once I got a chance to spend one night with one of the many tribes here in Davao, the Lumads (highlanders) and I was just so amazed with their bead works. Only that the women there, were topless! When I was so freaking freezing when I woke up, their topless women were out in the fog!

I am happy that the city has always involved the indigenous tribes in the celebration of the Kadayawan. They will always be a part of the city's history and the new generation should likewise give tribute to them. Each tribe got their own rhythm and music too. I had the chance to dance some of the basic steps. It really looks easy but when I tried doing it, "Oh my, it was another story"! But really fun!

I really did not have one average good day but going out and feeling the festivities made me gay!

Be blissful!


No comments:

Post a Comment