Saturday, August 29, 2009

loving exotic fruits


Mangosteen

I first tasted this when I was in elementary. My Tita Mayette, a nun who was assigned in Mindanao, gave us a box of this. It is not the ordinary fruit I see in the market so I had this kind of rush to taste it. I liked the sweet and sour flavor of its meat. But really too expensive and not a many supply in Manila then. Davao is blessed to have an endless supply of this fruit which is considered a super food. Its extracts are widely used in a variety of healing products to boost immune system and many others. I like to eat the fruit than have it processed in capsules or drinks.

The other favorite fruits wherein the city is proud to have all year round are the following:

Davao Pomelos
Marang
Rambutan

Come to Davao and have a taste of our fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment