Friday, August 7, 2009

great facade for the world's worst restaurant


I was in one of the busiest and oldest street in Davao this morning! Whenever I am here I have such a strange feeling of walking along with spirits. Most of the structures here are old. Some are still even made of wood. There are buildings that were abandoned and I hope there is a committee in the local government that would preserve these kind of heritage.

I have one favorite. This building was once the Prudential Bank. I love the sculptures of Roman gods and goddesses in its facade and I am glad that the owners did not tear it down. Today it is a restaurant called " Joe Cool's, The World's Worst Restaurant".

Yeah, maybe the worst. But with a rich history at your facade, the place could be really "great". I might just get the chance to try the food and ambiance inside. Next time.
I got this from another blog. It is the main branch of Prudential Bank in Sta. Cruz, Manila. Old Escolta in Manila is also one place wherein I get some eerie feeling when I am there. Very old too.

There are several times when I get into such a strange feeling of belonging from the past. I love looking at old pictures, holding sculptures, looking at old buildings and think a lot about "How was it then? DDDuuuhhhh!

I am serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment