Thursday, August 6, 2009

love nest



I feel bad whenever I do my regular sweeping in the garden and see a nest that could have fallen from the trees! Today, there was no nest on the ground but I saw a baby bird devoured by ants!

But someone told me that if a nest falls, it is usually been vacated by the birds ! The eggs have hatched and everyone else is trying their skills in flying, so no one uses those nests anymore! But there are times too when there are still eggs inside. Fallen from strong winds and rain.

I fell in love with the nest I saw today ! Still on the tree. Maybe it was were the bird has fallen from. The birds usually do not build their nest as obvious as the one I have captured above because they are usually hidden.

At around1 or 2 in the afternoon, I usually sit on my rocking chair on the porch to breathe some air! From that vantage, I see birds gather dried weeping willow (eucalyptus family) leaves scattered on the ground. They go back and forth with all those dried materials on their beaks for the nests they are building!

Today, I saw their lovely architecture! Cool!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment