Sunday, August 2, 2009

corrected by





















Arrrggghhh!

I was pleased that there were some kind of corrections to the SIGNS above. I see A LOT of wrong spelling or grammar in many signs or messages posted. But I do want to get away from "laughing at it". Because we all make mistakes. I even have a lot here in my blog.

The corrections on the sign, which a concerned citizen must have written were not as visible. On the right, the spelling of "tissue" was corrected. And with a classic "po". I love it. "Po" is used as a token of respect especially among the Tagalogs. I do not hear it (much) here in Mindanao, but I tell my children to always say "po" especially when talking to those who are older than them.

Referring to the picture on the left, the spelling of "flush" was corrected. I say the "e" there should have been "paki". So it will look as "paki-flush lang po". But here in Davao, it should have been "i" for "e".

Well, this is really toilet talk (pun), but I am concerned with wrong spelling in such kinds of medium because there are also children who get the chance to read it. Some adults might not be so passionate about "spelling" but I guess, it pays when we also teach (no matter what way) the right one. The correction written was an effort. I promise to bring a pentel pen from now on, in case, I get the chance to "correct".

I think it is not rude to give feedback. Or to correct. It is better than making fun of the mistake and not helping the person who wrote it. Maybe the person who wrote that would have been thinking that it was right. The message was right, it is the spelling that did not pull through.

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment