Thursday, April 30, 2009

chicken a la carte

It is my privilege to post the "chicken a la carte" film which is on my sidebar. Aside from bagging the first prize in an international competition, it just gave me a deeper experience of being in harmony to what this life could offer or in another perspective, what I could offer in this life that I have.

I do not really have the right to complain!

The film will be a part of my blog for some time to serve as a reminder that we are a part of a society that is hungry. Hungry - not only for food to eat but the genuine drive to offer opportunities to the less fortunate.

I guess, we all have some demands on this life even when life itself could not really be that demanding on us.

Contradictions amass our society - those who can buy food could not even enjoy it. Why? Because of the several distractions that is getting our attention than the real concerns in our lives. I think there are so many things that we could start unloading. On the other hand, the children in the film gave their utmost excitement and genuine happiness in the face of eating leftovers coming from the garbage. Food that are not even fit to feed the dogs in the "First World".

I think our planet has all the resources to feed all the hungry children not only here in the Philippines but all over the world. Is it how we people manage our lives that makes other people hungry?

Let us buy only what we can consume. Or consume what we buy so there will be some left for the others. That could be the least we can contribute.

Because who wouldn't want to see children eat the right kind of food and see from their genuine smiles a promising future?

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment