Wednesday, April 1, 2009

involvement to a cause and fun

I am glad I did something different for April Fool's day! I was referring to my recording he he he! I have been thinking of doing it but did not seriously tried until I was inspired to do it. My niece did it for fun and why should I not? My kids were with me as I tried doing it. They were hiding behind the wall.

My family and I were also proud to be a part of the "Earth Hour" activity wherein we switched-off our lights at 8:30 to 9:30 pm last March 28. My kids usually stay up to the wee hours especially that it is their summer vacation but I am glad they were interested and excited with the activity. The Philippines topped all the countries in the world by saving 611 megawatt-hours, as reported. I always give inputs about "environmental concerns" to the children especially with all the catastrophe that this world has been seriously facing. I think as parents we have to show them how important this cause is for them to be able to enjoy our "mother earth". And this global activity, gives our children a chance to get involved in such a small way for a very significant cause globally.

As the financial crisis looms globally too, I also ask the children about getting to activities in the confines of our own home which are also of importance and fun. We can trim our 2 eucalyptus trees, we can do the car wash together, clean the house with gusto, spend time with our pet dog, enjoy our 7 goldfishes in the aquarium, and lots of things to do inside the house. And this is the least that they want to do, Read. I don't know why, but my passion for reading did not get to my children's system. Anyway, I do not get tire of reminding them to get into that habit. They still have time to do it.
Last night I saw from my window one incredible view of the moon! I was not able to capture it but I got a picture from the internet which looks like it. I always believe, there are so many ways the heavens give us to teach "appreciation".

No comments:

Post a Comment