Sunday, April 19, 2009

lovingly handcrafted necklace


Last night I was invited to a friend's fund-raising activity. The occasion is for the upcoming "Earth Day". I promised myself (for two years now) not to buy anything that is not necessary. I broke that promise.

The global recession gave me one big lesson - not to spend and if going to - buy Filipino! I always believed that this kind of protectionism could guard a country's economic collapse. Our economy has always been ailing because we tend to buy more imported products when we can also focus our attention to locally made products.

I bought the necklace not because I need it but for the cause. I specially want to help preserve the culture of the Indigenous People here in Mindanao. The Talaandig Community is one!


The necklace is - Proudly Philippine made!

Who made the necklace? The tag says:

"Soil artists of the Talaandig indigenous community of Lantapan, Bukidnon lovingly handcrafted this necklace for you. It is made of clay gathered from the foothills of Mt. Kitanglad, a mountain that has special spiritual and cultural significance for the Talaandig.

By purchasing this necklace, you are helping ensure the physical and cultural survival of the Talaanding community."

Be blissful!

3 comments: