Monday, April 13, 2009

good hands are those that work

I am really amazed at anything man-made because I know they are all crafted not just by good hands but as well as very creative minds. When I was still in school, I love my Humanities subject because I get to understand music, art, architecture, paintings and culture among others. And because of that interest, I was driven to study human thoughts and behavior.

Well, it is just sad that people before were not that appreciative to what we consider now as "masterpieces". We are luckier because as observed there are more venues for expression now and with a higher acceptance level of the people to contemporary music, art, architecture, paintings and technology. Some people even appreciate bombs, missiles and some harmful things created by men.

I am writing this because I feel sad whenever I see people idle. Especially for so many Filipinos who are unemployed. Well, I am not sure how some people could survive without doing something but I do think it is not about lack of opportunity, education or some other issues but more on laziness. I know people who have no education but are really good at carpentry, sewing and other crafts. We can actually allot time to acquire learning. And I believe, we do not have to get employed to contribute to the economy. We just have to go on creating something and we might stumble on a "goldmine" of a creation.

I feel bad to see people limiting themselves. Because a person's imagination is limitless, we only have to take that thought into our hands. Work on it.

I think that is what we need to do for this world in order not to plunge again to recession. We can just work on anything we can do, by the hand or mind. This small contributions could somehow bring about small changes that might create a culture. Why not?

I dream that our people if not good in technology, will produce music, literature and arts that could leave a mark in history. Any contribution will do.

Be blissful!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Wish people will soon realize that.....kaya ako trying hard not to be idle kaya order na kayo cloth diapers ko. bwahahaha!

    http://caroleenstreasures.com/2009/02/handmade-cloth-diapers/

    ReplyDelete