Tuesday, June 23, 2009

glazing an adventure

For someone like me who had my very first vehicle a little late, my Adventure (Mitsubishi wagon type) is something precious. I exult a minute or two, just looking at it and think of all the sacrifices I have done to get it.

I remembered, when my husband and I were still very young, I told him that I see myself waking-up in our own house when I reach my thirtieth birthday. During my twenties, I was busy making babies so it was kind of impossible to have our own house then. Thirty could be reasonable. "He he", it happened. The vehicle, well I gave him another 10 years to "produce" it. I was not too demanding because with 3 children I know it would be difficult for him to give me that. But he did.

Little did I know that all those "claiming" I did before, did come true.

Today, I just wrapped up cleaning that Adventure. I clean it for an hour every other day. A little longer on a weekend wherein I check the engine, brake/clutch fluid, water on the carburetor and brush all that accumulated dust inside. When I look at the wires and the engine parts all having its place and function, I sometimes gasped "How I wish I understand engines and all these parts"!

Every touch, I gently give the tires, windows, doors, and the whole body from top to bottom, let me travel from its first day with me up to the moment that I do that car wash (again and again). For me, it was not merely scrubbing and rubbing, but it is touching and reviewing my life.

I do the car wash myself to be able to save hundreds of pesos from our monthly income. When I go out and use the vehicle, there should be 3 or 4 reasonably destinations and purposes that I have to finish to save on fuel. I drive people to their destinations and purpose. The vehicle gives me a reason to do bit of sacrifices each day to learn.

"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness and small obligations, given habitually are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort". By Humphrey Davy

I drive my life. That I have to learn more!

Be blissful!

1 comment:

  1. i still remember riding in your brand-new adventure when i visited your place. was it 2005? you must be a very good driver now, hahaha...take care always my friend. miss ya...

    ReplyDelete