Monday, June 29, 2009

giving Shell an unsolicited feedback

Shell, the gasoline station, is where I frequent for my vehicle's diesel and air for my tires. But I also go to other stations like Phoenix (because the company is based in Davao City), Caltex (for the rebates if I use the credit card) and Jetti. For a pleasant service I enjoy Shell's attendants. I feel that they are genuine in pleasing their customers. And another plus is that I trust their digital tire guage if to compare to the manual guage other stations still use.

I also tried to observe and compare my vehicle's running condition using different kinds of diesel from different stations. Even if my brother said they are "all the same", I think my vehicle respond smoothly whenever I use the diesel of Shell.

Well, I wrote about this because I had a not so pleasant experience with one of their pump attendants this morning (Shell Bajada branch). It was petty really - about not having enough change for the money I paid. I said "that is the only money I have and I asked if they can do something about it because anyway the change I ought to get from them is only P300 pesos .

In short, they were also able to produce the change. Never mind the waiting time because I was listening to MoTwister's show on Killerbee that gave me some amusement while waiting. What pissed me off is when the attendant gave me the change and I engaged her for a few feedback about her service.

I often give feedback mainly to give some pointers on how their services could further be improved, nothing more, nothing less. Even if it is unsolicited, I do am frank in giving that to anyone whom I think should have a little input.

Well, she snubbed me, har har har.

I called her Supervisor, not to recommend her termination or what. I suggested that the girl should be given some points on manners, interpersonal skills and a review of the basic customer service/management skills.

I was informed that she has encountered several troubles with their customers! I was sad of course that she might lose a job. But I think, if she is not interested in improving herself for the customers, there is no one to blame but her if she is kicked-out from the job.

I felt good talking to the Supervisor who was just too willing to get some feedback from me. It is kind of a calling on my part (har har har) whenever I get the time, I really call and inform supervisors and managers to give feedback. Whether good or bad!

I think feedbacking helps. Maybe to improve the customer service level of people/companies who are in any kind of business. Or maybe at least, observe some manners. We can all start from that level to hit it big in business globally. I do believe so!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment