Wednesday, June 17, 2009

my mama crossing the street alone

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye,
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.

If love could have saved you,
you would have lived forever.


My best two minutes today was a simple gesture of courtesy to an old man crossing the street. He was not in a Pedestrian crossing and alone. I normally would comment about "Why can't people take the safest way to cross the street"?

But because I see some frailties in them, I have always extended extra patience and understanding to the elderly I often encounter in the streets. I remember my father. But my father did not die in the street.

It was my grandmother whom we lost without any trace. She is the mother of my father. It was sad that I am rather not close to her. Did not have much memories with her too, but because she is the mother of my father, she is someone whose blood is deeply flowing in my very own veins. And should be treated right and with my deepest respect.

I did not exactly understand how my father, uncle (both died recently) and aunts accepted the fate of my grandmother. I only knew how pained they are until now.

Every time I see an old person alone, walking and crossing the street, I think of my grandmother. She must have been alone then and got hit by a car while crossing the street.

It was the theory reported to us because no one knew what happened to her and where her body was.

I can always delay my travel time where ever my destination is to an elderly crossing the street! She should get to the other side of the street! Let us give that courtesy, it won't take that long anyway!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment