Friday, June 12, 2009

moments alone

While driving into a subdued part of the city today, I not only fell in love with the silence but as well as the giant bamboos lining the narrow rugged road on my way to a friend. And the community inside is called Blissful. Great! I said to myself, even here I am in some kind of a bliss.

From the highway, my wagon took a steep leap to the right into the rugged terrain of muddy road. It rained last night thus a slippery 2- minute drive. It was such a short journey but it was enlightening. The deafening silence told me "I am alone".

Was I afraid? I was not sure.

Going through this alone was quite creepy. Next time I go there, I will turn-off the air condition and put the windows down.

Would I still feel creepy?

The first time I went to that place some months ago, I did not feel creepy because I was with friends. Now that I was alone, I became more intent of the nature unfolding upon my senses. I missed appreciating this view the last time I was here. I am glad, I had this moment alone. Getting in closer touch with nature and silence somehow lifted my spirits.

Next time around, I have to hear the bamboos rustle and smell its scent as I pass by. I almost wrote, bamboo trees when I was just reminded by my memory bytes that they are classified as weeds.

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment