Friday, June 19, 2009

wherever you go, there you are

I came minutes before the store opened ( have to pick-up some stocks) to have a good parking space. Since I was early, I picked up a book I was not able to take out from the vehicle. The title is "Wherever You Go There You Are" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. "Hmmmmm, it is about meditation", I quipped as I browsed it. A very short browsing that gave me another deep thought on enlightenment.

The book is about stopping for awhile and think just about nothing. About not doing something else but just stay "being" you. It does not necessarily mean that one should be in a sacred place or be confined in a meditative position. Mindlessness. Not drifting away in thoughts, mind and soul. Interesting!

I was really cramped in my driver's seat and in a busy sidewalk were a lot of passers-by sometimes peep-in. Quite an uncomfortable venue so I went into my own world of "shutting-off" from all that distractions and kept on browsing.

I thought, that the experience should be my best "two-minute" of my day!

Some of my "shutting-off" principles do meet into some terms of what the book was describing. I realized my "shutting-off" works but meditation is a different level. Visualization is a state of mind that I make myself fit into another world/condition that is not there. Meditation is another discipline. Just "being" you.

I think I have to try it. Next time I have to be conscious of my own breathing. I have to feel and listen to the oxygen I breathe as it goes to my lungs. The air that pushes all energies to all the vital organs of my body. All inside me. And bursting it out. I think the air inside make an interesting journey inside me.

I have to listen to that dynamism even for only two minutes or more!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment