Sunday, June 21, 2009

making money on my blog or not?

"Voluntary simplicity means going fewer places in one day rather than more, seeing less so I can see more, doing less so I can do more, acquiring less so I can have more". Jon Kabat-Zinn

I receive a message from a blogger every now and then. Jo Ann LeQuang is her name. Well, she shares what she got for other bloggers to become accomplished writers and as well as making money from their sites.

Sometimes, I say in jest that my site might not make money because my only business here is to share some thoughts for blissful living and harmony in relationships (as if they are easy!). I just observe so many people to be uneasy when solitary and in silence. So many of them would often go to places where there are many people and lots of activities only to find that they are more pressured to relate with others. There could be fun in some level but one realizes in the end that ones issues still are a bearing. One carries it in work and in play.

At first, I was writing blogs for myself. Mainly to remind me of my notes to accomplish a "feeling good self" whereby making my children and husband feel good too.

But then my purpose went up a little notch to serve my family and friends whom I really take time to invite and visit my blog. They do. Well they are always a part of my "feeling good self" so they might as well visit my blog.

I do feel great when I see visitors. I hope I do serve them well, too. And this made me a little responsible and sensible about what I am writing. Now I shy away from narcissistic views and have been advocating "acceptance" to life's gifts.

For my best two-minutes I take time to read Jo Ann Lequang at WorkingTexasWriter.com. She is right, making money for the blog is one thing but there is something else. If I share a thought and make even just one person realize something about "taking time to look inside oneself" is more than this blog's income. One visitor who shared his/her time with me on this blog is priceless for me.

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment