Friday, October 16, 2009

Je t'aime

I have trouble about getting fast asleep when I am not moving around. This afternoon, I was waiting for Angelo to come home from school because I have to see my Aunt and friends from the island (Laoang). I got an issue of going to the Inn where they are staying. Not really a big issue, its just that the entrance to the Inn is the same when going to a Motel. Arrggghhh of course here in the Philippines, the Motel business is not as legitimate as in other places. In this country, a Motel is synonymous to some illicit affairs. So even if you are getting inside with your husband in tow, most likely people will think otherwise.

That was my thought before I decided to watch TV to kill time.

When I was drowsing - it is also the best time for me to watch TV. I just actually listen because I am more interested to get to sleep than watch. I usually watch the BBC but I picked Star Movies today.

My thought was "Do we really need this cable"? We are anyway most of the time away from home. And whenever I am home, I only listen to the television because I cannot sit down to finish a show or even a movie. It is a waste of money really.

But I roused from my drowsiness because I heard French. Yes the French language. Well if I do not watch the TV, I will fall asleep not understanding it so I have to wake up and read the subtitles.

I am in love with the French language. I enrolled in a French class before but that was when I was busy making a living too. So I was not able to finish the course.

The movie's title is "Angela". The movie was half-way through but I learned a lot from it. Based on the subtitles. One is about "loving oneself". The man in the movie is kind of hesitant to say "Je t'aime" (I love you) to himself in the mirror. I realized it is something universal to people who did not receive "I love you" all his life or not that much from the family or friends.

Yah, how can one be comfortable in loving another person when there is no love received in the first place?

I was only distracted towards the end of the movie because "Angela" twisted and turned into an angel. I thought when her wings suddenly appeared from her back, that she was a monster. Grrrrhhhh! I do not know if I have fallen asleep but I think it's "cheap" animation.

But I loved the black and white movie. I might watch the whole of it in You Tube.

By the way, I remembered wanting "Angelica" as a name for myself than my Maria Angelina. I do not know if "Angelica" is still appealing but if I get a grandchild (not now yet) I hope someone among my children name that angel, Maria Angelica.

2 comments:

  1. why not go inside the motel? and besides who cares? and since when you care what people think of the things you do? ako nga natuto sa yo...wala akong pakialam ano iisipin nila hahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt wasn't in the motel, but if she were there I would have had. I got no choice he he he.

    It was just the thought, I still went.

    common update your blog now.

    ReplyDelete