Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween bliss







It is the first day of November.

I wanted to go and visit my father who died recently. And I just can't believe that with the unbelievably very low airline rates here, why on earth can't I go? I was browsing the internet last night and saw an ad of Cebu Pacific. It is offering this P 1.00 fare promo excluding taxes to Manila. But the travel date would be next year. Not bad at all. And I am contemplating on it.

Together with my children, I went to the Ceragem center yesterday. The center celebrated Halloween and I took some pictures for my blog. Well, treatment come in many packages, I believe. The center's thermal massage proves to be relaxing in many ways for me. Also it includes traditional and modern approach to treatment of the most serious diseases. I salute the staff for their genuine care for the elderly who patiently go there for the treatment. I believe that "one act of kindness to an elderly is one step nearer to the salvation of one's soul". Whenever I see the old people especially the males, I see my father alive in them.

Yesterday too while I was in a rush to go to the toilet, this elderly man held my hand and asked for a kiss. I did not mind at all. I was thinking, if it was a way ( a simple and innocent kiss) to perk up a man's moment then I could by all means give my kiss away.

The staff are so gentle with these people. I was thinking , it is not only the thermal massage that the clients are after for. It is the community. I am afraid, that many of their children or relatives are far or do not have much time for them now.

I bring my children to this facility not only for the thermal massage but for them to understand compassion and concern for the elderly more profoundly.

I guess, my father will understand the reasons why I cannot go and visit his grave this year. Souls have an expanded view of everything, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment