Friday, October 30, 2009

spare them

I was looking for a notebook wherein I can record some ideas about my book when I saw one I needed. I do not have a laptop and I also miss writing in a notebook so I thought getting traditional is the way I prefer things to happen at this time. Anyway, it was my notebook during my post graduate studies in Psychology. There are lots of notes in there. I found one that I want to post here, if you don't mind. It has some kind of sense and about children.

"Children are easy prey to the adults around them who tend to be abusive and unmindful of their fundamental rights. In the first-world countries, pets are given more love, attention, food, security and rights than millions of children all over the world. These children get the very first taste of abuses right from their very own homes and what is more disheartening is the fact that even governments are not addressing these concerns. We are peddling our children to become prostitutes, we are pushing them to be criminals and we are crippling every inch of their sense of adequacy. Did we ever stop and think, what would they be like when they become adults"?

I really wish with all sincerity that in my own little way I could be a part of the big change - to stop any kind of abuse to all children - for them to trust, love and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment