Saturday, October 24, 2009

tongue-stamping

I am not sure if my title is just the right one for what I am going to describe today. I was in the wet market days or weeks ago. I promised to write about it but I wasn't able to because I got darn busy with my "chocolates de cielo" blog.

Anyway, there was this vendor whom I kind of feel "yucky". Well, I should not have felt that in the first place because I convinced myself to start an "accepting attitude" of all or other forms of human behavior as long as I am alive. And I am coping with it.

I bought in his stall onions and garlic. I gave him a 100 peso bill. I felt unsettled on my foot, when I saw him get all those bills from his apron pocket. And start stamping his thumb on his tongue to separate each bill from the next. Wait, let me write it again.

On his left hand is the thick bills of different denominations. So when he started counting the bills, he lifts his right hand, stick out his tongue and stamp his thumb on it. Then used that thumb and the point finger to separate one bill to another.

I was close to not getting my change. But I needed it.

I just thought, he could actually separate and count the bills without sticking out that tongue and stamping his thumb on it. I thought, wasn't it the hard way? And unhygienic too!


But I remembered back in school. I got classmates who did that to the pages of the books, notebooks or pad papers. Ohhh sorry classmates but that sight really disgusted me! But it's ok, that behavior really did not kill me at all.

Oh going back to the vendor, I think he got lots of money than I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment