Thursday, October 15, 2009

stories to tell

An old man once told me, "I only finished Grade 2 but I have to do many important things and go with important people and talk to as many people as possible for me to have many stories to tell my grandchildren".

After our talk, I realized that when one is getting old, the stories one has gathered through a lifetime is most valuable than anything else in this world.

I think it is the "unloading" that helps lighten a person when he talks about one's story. My father who died recently did not talk much about himself to me, but he gave my children important lessons in life.

I am writing some of my thoughts this early through my blog because there are times when I am not able to talk to my children. I should talk to them more often.

But I told my children, that when the time comes that I leave this world permanently, they have to find their way to my blog. Although they oftentimes check on my blog they also do not do it regularly. But I am happy that they show interests.

Karlsen, my youngest son, promised that he will print all the pages in my blog when I die. Oh, he said it in jest. But I hope he is serious with it.

Angelo started writing his own blog but it is just a requirement in school. I wanted him to write because he wants to. He used to write many interesting topics in his formal theme writing in school. He drifted away from that skill for sometime. I hope he gets it back.

From now on too, I do not leave my blog without a real life lesson!




No comments:

Post a Comment