Thursday, October 1, 2009

sweet and sour

It was the first time I saw the flowers of a Tamarind tree. All through these years its only now that I realized how gorgeous its flowers are. I am really glad I took a nap under the tree and noticed its blooms.

I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the tamarind candy but its sweet and sour taste is something that I used to indulge with. My favorite tamarind candy is the one formed like a ball and dipped in white sugar. When I was a kid, I did not care about how hygienic it was prepared as long as I love to munch on it. I salivate when I see it but nowadays I do not see much of it except for those wrapped in colored cellophane.

Well, the Tamarind fruit is not really that appealing to me but looking at it from below keeps me salivating. I wished I have those candies inside my mouth.
And the dried leaves of the tamarind tree looks like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment