Friday, November 20, 2009

beauty contest



Hey listen, today was the finals of Ms. Ceragem-Davao. You wouldn't believe it but I joined it when they announced it weeks ago.

I am not fond of beauty contests but I do watch it given a chance. And it is not too often.

When I do watch beauty contests, I liked looking at the doll-like women strutting their way to the stage. I particularly look at the face, the bearing and how they answer the questions. Another part wherein I am most amazed is when the contestants ramp it in their swimwear. I get excited over them and really wonders "how does it really feel" when the whole world looks at you in a skimpy attire. That is something imposing, I think.

Talking in front of people or "stage freight" is I think the "most popular" fear in this universe. I am just glad I was able to conquer it earlier in life. I meant the "talking" and sometimes the "singing", but getting in front of many people in a different conduct such as this contest is something I have never done in my life.

Why don't I try it? And yes, I did.

During the talent portion, I had a great time with the staff and the clients. I remembered repeating my song "I Will Survive" for at least 3 times because their internet connection went static and my piece was from "You Tube".Arrrggghhhhh! But I did survive the song.

I felt good to see the clients laughing and liking some of my spiels in front. It was a disaster but a well received one. We were there for "fun" so it should not kill my self-esteem at all.

Then I disappeared for some weeks before reappearing again for the practice of the rampage. I was cold and so nervous really because I have such a high esteem about ramp models and how they project themselves on stage. Doing it now is OMG! Do I really have to do it? I can actually "exit" gracefully but I told myself - just get that feel and then forget it if you screw-up. The feeling was fantastic! And I do not have to pretend that I am doing without the audience. I am just sad why some models have to get some "booze" to get to their thing. I would want some "eye to eye contact" with 2 or 3 people from the audience. I think, if there will be some people in the audience who wouldn't like you, there could be at least one or two who will love you. Good enough for me!

Then today was the finals. God, it was 1:00 pm when my ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) started bogging me. Angelo will be home soon and the key is with me. I was enjoying the whole program and was having a great time with everyone and I must have forgotten the time. When the emcee announced the time, I was rattled and got restless.

My son is coming home soon. I really wished it was Q&A now.

During the Q&A, I thought I was not as nervous as when I had the chance of representing my class, I think for the social studies and spelling bee in school. But I had the strangest feeling that I was there all over again. I told myself that I am an adult ADHD and more matured now to give one sensible answer so I should do it NOW. I think, I did.

Then I have to leave. I was the number 1 contestant so I was the first to finish too.

That was the end of my beauty contest experience.

My gift for myself tomorrow when I turn 45 years old!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! really? you did it? Wow, I'm missing it! I should have been there to cheer you up with gongs and cymbals promise! Good for you - that's quite exciting huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot, you should have waited for the annoucement of the winner! It could have been YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel, the program was too long for my attention span. I can't stay that long...you know. har har har.

    ReplyDelete