Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the umbrella

I noticed here in Davao that more people use their umbrellas during freaking sunny hot days than when it is raining.

The other day, I have confirmed this observation because the rainfall did not stop the pedestrian most of them students from casually just walking as if there was no rain at all.

While I was looking at them and wondering why these people do not seem to care about getting soaked, I also tried to think of the logic behind the fact that these people would have had brought out their umbrellas if it was the fiery morning sun that was up that fateful day.

Let me look at Google, why this is so?

So sad that I did not get statistics or significant information about my question.

I would prefer using my umbrella when it is raining than using it during a scorching hot day!

I remembered a lady telling me that umbrellas before are only for the rich people. Here in the Philippines during the Spanish era, poor people cannot afford an umbrella so they use leaves of the bananas.

Cool and indeed very true because even until now in the countrysides, children from poor families use banana leaves to cover them from the rain and the heat of the sun.

Now, I think I am blessed because I can afford to buy an umbrella! Yah, Made in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment