Monday, November 16, 2009

screwing-up my blog


I can't believe blogging has been a part of my life since I started it last January. Writing some personal notes of my life was an itch before I considered blogging for a reason that I really cannot fathom until now. I have mentioned some reasons before but somehow I think, it is not really "it".

First, all I wanted to write are articles that should sound good and pleasant. I had a couple of minutes thinking of what I will name my blog only because I want this to be a "feel good" experience not only for me but for those who visit this. Thus, I thought of my "glazedbliss".

But there were times when I think that "feel good" blogs could not really be that appealing to readers. Although here in this blog, I also got some terrible outpouring of feelings, somehow I realized it just lacks some suicide bombings, killings, aggravated pain, alarming greed and so on and so forth. I think my blog just needed some reprogramming. Does it?

You know what, when I see comments and the numbers of visitors, I feel some kind of panicky feeling. Because I would confront myself the next day, if I just conveyed the right message. I sometimes write for the heck of it and I forget that this is the web. There could be people who might tripped on my blog and if I screwed-up, there will be no other way that I could explain. On the other hand, some readers might not also care. Either ways I should somehow care about "responsibility in writing". Yes, I should be very expressive, creative and responsible.

You bet, I also feel happy that there are at least 3,000 people who have seen, read, or maybe ridiculed my posts har har har. I think with blogging, I have survived my fear of being criticized. In the web, I realized that my thoughts could be as regular or great as the readers. Just go ahead and write something because the readers even if they got the same idea, do not exactly write what is on their minds. So you get the opportunity to write it ahead of them. So I still write.

Well, these are just some of my thoughts after I reviewed all of my posts since I started January.

To sum it up: Glazedbliss should be a little more daring and raise some more human and animal instincts among visitors. They might frequent me more this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment