Monday, November 30, 2009

Robby Benson and Shaun Cassidy

It came once in my life that I would become a wife of a famous man. Well I thought of it only for some period in time maybe because of the lure of fame, fortune and power behind that status.

Imagine this: Maria Angelina Escanan married to Robby Benson.

Yes, he was my greatest crush when I was in high school. Now, I am excited. Does anyone out there knows him? Except me probably. Because of him, I became aware of that "crazy feeling" called love. It is crazy love because he does not even know that I existed. But he was always on my mind and had lots of sleepless nights imagining that he is my boyfriend. Arrrggggghhhhhhhh!

Oh this is crazy!

There was another crush, Shaun Cassidy! I got gaga over him, almost at the same time with Robby. Robby disappeared from the limelight, so my love for him disappeared too.

Not really. This is kind of creepy but I still remember the feeling. When I hear the song, "My Fair Share", I kind of get sentimental over it. It is the theme song of the movie "One on One" where Robby Benson starred- in back in the 80s.

Where is Robby Benson now?

Oh my God!!!! Look at the picture below. He just looks so gorgeous. I like him better now. And he writes. He got a novel which was released in 2007. "Who Stole the Funny?" is the title of his book.

Robby, I don't like the title of your novel. I haven't read it though.

And we should have met. Tsk, tsk, tsk.



And where is Shaun Cassidy?

I remember buying this Shaun Cassidy album when I was in high school. Great, where is it? Lost. And we do not have the player anymore. It is the long-playing album culture, remember?

I can't seem to grab his latest picture. But I saw him. Still looking good but not as dashing as Robby Benson.

Now I am lost at what I am supposed to say.

One just realizes that they have a different world than I have. They got their own families too as much as I have. And the same way as I struggle to be a good wife and mother, they might also have their fair share of those challenges.

I admired the way they exited out of the limelight even during those times when they were so very famous. So maybe not everyone up there could be as happy as those who preferred to stay out of limelight.

1 comment: