Sunday, March 8, 2009

gazing up

On a bench and gazing up...

Some view of this balite (banyan) tree, beheld my sight.

It was sunny and way bit too humid in Davao. The beach is only a 15-minute drive from the house and a dip and a sniff of sea breeze could be blissful.

So we went...

Indeed it was. After the dip, I went to a quiet spot.

Lying down on the bench, my only goal was to relax my mind.

But just before I close my eyes, the sight of the leaves and the branches of this tree caught my attention.


These leaves are so lustrous and so very "oxygen-emitting". I am blessed! Gives me life!

I have not acknowledged the beauty of a tree from this vantage point. And for such a long time, I thought I should.
My gratitude to this tree...

for making my solitude pleasant...

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at the photos as if I were Vermeer. He was a superb artist, actually the best of the renaissance period.

    ReplyDelete