Tuesday, March 17, 2009

wares to go

Along the way this flock of migrant birds just "swept our hearts away" while gliding through the rice fields. It was indeed a "show" of their delightful flying skills.

These simple sights lift my spirits especially that I go out of the city not very often. In the countryside, life seems to be simple. There are not much concerns on "acquisition". I just thought that the people here seems to be just satisfied with the clean air, a farm or carabao to tend , family to find comfort, a house to stay and some simple entertainment. And yet they "live a life".

I promised myself not to "acquire" any more than the basic necessities of life. And I am keen on doing it. It is not only about the global economic downturn that prodded me into it, but it is more on preparing myself to another "discipline".

E.g. not to buy - even with these some interesting wares along the highway.


These pottery are made from this part of Bansalan, Davao Del Sur. One can see and buy different designs and varieties of crafted pottery. How I wish I could have those for my garden!

The women with sunny smiles are not for sale! I did not ask their permission for their photos to be published. I wanted to show their wares so they might as well be posted, too. Those are sculptured wooden wares for lechon (roasted pig), fish or fruits used for table display.
This cool nipa hut piece costs 15,000 pesos (around 300 USD). And it can be delivered right into your doorstep! If you are in Davao City or neighboring towns.
The bamboo sala set is what I want! It only costs 4,500 pesos. It includes 2 single-seater, 1 4- seater and the center table.

But I promised not to buy! I am more on appreciating crafts now, so I stay calm about "buying". It will not help to have lots of acquisitions, really ? Too heavy to carry when I go to "heaven". har har har!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to enjoy the beauty of the countryside inspite of being so busy with city life. ;-) Iba talaga ang probinsya. :-) Hope you could visit Trento too! Wala nga lang gaanong kagandahan makikita dito pero enough na siguro ang kagandahan ko. Bwahahahaha!!!!

    Ay Ate, try mo po ang Mozilla whne getting into Donald's blog. Mejo may pagkabaliw kasi blog niya, ayaw sa IE.

    ReplyDelete