Sunday, March 29, 2009

unclouding my mind

Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn
a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life.

by Wu-men

The TV was turned-on to "The World Debate" while I was catching-up with my nap. I do not know when I got this habit of listening to the news for me to get to sleep. It's crazy! I actually just listen. The guests were financial analysts and some movers who are involved one way or another for the upcoming G20 summit.

I was lulled to sleep with the speakers' analysis. And with " mistakes" identified and claimed which I could vaguely guess "what the hell" they were, resolutions are of course so very far-fetched! Resolutions could be about selflessness, rules on ethics and morality or maybe plainly justice. Ohh, that's why its hard!

As far as I am concerned, my country has long been in crisis (financially) and I might leave this "mother earth" with debts stumped on my forehead. So what's new?

You know what? I would rather look at the moon and maybe talk to it!

I just talked to two friends who are both working abroad and their sentiments are not about the global economic downturn but its effect is on them. Ordinary people who just work their way out to feed their families. It is sad to see people who have so much and flaunting it when there is so much scarcity from the rest of the world.

I would like to empty myself with so much concerns such as this. Even if I am affected. I believe this is temporary. I have to count on my strength for my children not to feel how horrible this world could be. So when it is their time to explore, they could still see light from darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment