Monday, March 9, 2009

the invisible man

my thoughts today were mostly about my son. my eldest, whom he thinks I favored his other brothers than him. I would like to think that I love the 3 of them uniquely. It is not in my conscious mind that I favor any one of them, that I want him to know.

the poem i am sharing here was written by a client who is 14 years old . He gave it to me during one of our sessions and how I wish he discard that anger he is nurturing. he thinks his parents have all the reason to hate him. I do not believe that there are parents who hate their children, they just do not know (or try to do) the way to a particular child's need ( for love).

And wish the same for my son who until now has been nurturing that kind of confusion with my love for him.

day burns down to night

burns the edge of my soul
in the night
i break into sparks of sun
and become fires end.

the dust of bones
night knifes my breath
swallows whole my tongue
turn back reverse, return

in the night I see the real
concealed in the days bright lie
eyes stitched shut
white teeth smile
sleep walk
and talks and feel
Ivan times...

1 comment:

  1. The greatest problems are sometimes the only assets we have. Say for example - my dad has to travel some 500 km a week for going to work and coming home twice a week. He thinks it's a problems.
    But, if it's taken the other way, his long walks and travel is giving him a really good health, which otherwise would have been crumbled.

    What ever we think as negative, or we don' have or problems, they are helping you in some or the other way.

    ReplyDelete