Tuesday, March 31, 2009

HK dilemma: Proud to Serve

I am a patriotic Filipino and I think the HK reporter who insulted the whole Philippine nation with his article just got beyond his "ink power". I believe insulting a country or its people is an irresponsible act. I could write a million insult to any country but it does not help any problem. I really thought famous writers and reporters respect colors, cultures and creeds.

If the issue is the Spratly Islands, let history and documents substantiate who the rightful owner of that contested piece of paradise. Upon reading his article, I thought he got more issues on the domestic helpers than the fight over the Spratly Islands.

Anyway, I respect everyone's issues and I do believe the reporter has his own. And it is sad that he has to include all of us in his rage and reign. There is really nothing I can do with him. All I know is that all people in this world goes "6 feet below the ground" or cremated, when it is time. Therein, no one reigns.

But I would like to salute all the Domestic Helpers not only in Hongkong but anywhere else in the world because they are our heroes.

I am proud of them who work so hard to clean your toilets, your rooms, do your laundry, cook your food and especially this one - assume and perform your duties and responsibilities as parents to your very own children. And that is for "cheap labor" as you say. I felt troubled maybe because it seems acceptable to them that their children are entrusted to the domestic helpers - so thus deserving of the cheap labor.

I am proud of them who toils day and night, for you (masters) to be able to work and receive big bucks on that paycheck and acquire so much wealth for your family and nation.

I am proud of them who have to be silent even from the worst of your brutal blows verbally, physically and psychologically.

They might have mistakes but masters also have theirs.

Poor nations such as ours, also deserves some respect. Because like our masters from the rich nations, we are people with pride and dignity. We get hurt as a nation too. And I also believe that these masters will one day kneel down to the only One true Master.

Oh dear God, bless the Philippines!

1 comment: