Sunday, March 22, 2009

my father's greater bliss

"If we desired any greater bliss,
we would not be in harmony with HIM
whose love assigns us to a lower place.

The essence of this joy is that we all
have given up our personal desires
so that our will is merged with God's own will.

Therefore our rank in heaven, from height to height
is just as dear to each particular soul
as to the Master who appointed it.

In His will is our peace: it is the sea
into which all currents and all streams
empty themselves, for all eternity".

by Dante


This is where we go for worship and Sunday Mass. The Holy Shrine of the Infant Jesus in Davao City. The place where I surrendered to the Lord, my father's fate last February 22. Exactly a month today. He died the next day, February 23, 2009. It is still painful.

But the poem I have posted (above) gives me hope that my father is home to our Creator. His real home with greater bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment