Wednesday, July 1, 2009

chocolates de cielo

"Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate!" - Elaine Sherman, Book of Divine Indulgences

Today, I climbed-up to "sun-dry" my cacao beans ( for it's 5th day) on my roof (not directly)!

I evenly spread the cacao beans with my bare hands. I touch it softly and whisper some chants to the beans for them to be chocolaty and heavenly tasting tableas (chocolate pastes) later on. Because it is the fifth day the beans has turned to a darker shade of brown and the smell is now invitingly more chocolaty!

I roast, grind and form it into chocolate pastes!

I used to produce the chocolate pastes only for the family and relatives! But now I started selling it to neighbors and friends! They liked it because it is pure and natural chocolate!

This routine excites me because whenever my hands touch the beans all through out the process, I know that the tedious preparation will give my family and customers nourishment and the pleasure of chocolate.

The routine also gives me an opportunity to create something. And drives me to improve and do more.

The name of my chocolate pastes is:
"Chocolates de Cielo"
Your heavenly and healthy pleasure


1 comment:

  1. friend, they must be heavenly...do you accept some orders? i'm serious...miss ya

    ReplyDelete