Friday, July 10, 2009

about shaving

Last night my youngest son asked me to teach him how to shave!

He claims he has a number of hair above his upper lip that he really has to shave. He is attending an apprenticeship to become an officer for Citizens Army Training in school and the trainer has announced that they should appear "clean and shaved" tomorrow.

I argued that it was thin hair really that I see. But I was really afraid to teach him. My exposure to shaving is not the same with males. Females do shave but not the same as where the males do!

After arguing about his beard as not that obvious as what he seems to perceive, I was able to say out of exhaustion, "Can that wait until your father arrives next month? I almost told him to look it up at Google (Shaving 101) but it may sound foolish har har har!

But he really has to shave. "Alright, I just bought a disposable shaver. Here is a shaving cream I got from a hotel where I stayed sometime last year but I do not have an aftershave lotion. Maybe an alcohol will do, but that could really be harsh. I will buy you tomorrow".

Then I said "Maybe you could use some common sense with the strokes. Do you remember watching a movie with a man shaving?"

"Yes", he said. "Follow it", I said.

And lastly, "When doing it try not to cut yourself. I think, it is important so you won't bleed".

So he said he was ready. And I went back to what I was doing.

He came back and showed me. Yah, he looked clean and shaved. But also had a cut on his lip. Not big though.

I don't know if I was of help to my son about shaving.

But I think, my son did great with his first shaving experience!

He had that cotton pressed on his lip until he fell asleep. Oh well!

When he reads this? Oh I am sure, he will kill me har har har!

No comments:

Post a Comment